Monday, June 15, 2009

Let the Countdown Begin...

I can barely believe it, but tomorrow morning I head to Miami for my Peace Corps pre-orientation. In less than 36 hours I'll be in Quito, Ecuador to begin my 27 month adventure. Lots of emotions running through me right now, but mostly the desire to sleep. After 4+ hours of packing and re-packing I'm exhausted physically and emotionally.

Before heading out I wanted to make sure to share the message below with everyone from the PC that pertains to the first couple of months I'm in Ecuador training in Cayambe:

Please advise friends and family members not to send packages more than 4 lbs., not to declare a value, and not to send expensive items, such as cameras or computers. Normal business size letters or small padded envelopes are welcome during training and usually not held up in customs. Please send mail to:

Jennifer Conklin, PCT
Cuerpo de Paz
Casilla 17-08-8624
Quito, Ecuador

I'm off for now, next time you hear from me I'll be in South America!

8 comments:

  1. Best of luck, Jen! We are thinking of you! -Vicki and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! Looking forward to hearing your stories. We will miss you...Dory too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be practicing Spanish when you come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3,2,1 Blastoff into your new adventure!! Have a great time!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, Jen. Remember, one day at a time.
    L/D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola hija! Have a wonderful time. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Miss you! Love YOU! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jen! Good luck... what an amazing, once in a lifetime thing you are about to embark on. I can't wait to start pen-paling with my kids in September! Love ya, Meghan

    ReplyDelete