Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My First, and Hopefully Last Security Problem!

2 kids just tried to rob me! Like 30 minutes ago in Portoviejo. They couldn´t have been more than 12 years old. Those little $%"& didnt get anything though. I´m so mad at myself for even letting it happen because I felt like something was wrong and I should have ducked into a store, but instead I kept walking over a bridge even though they were trying to talk to me and followed me when I crossed to the other side. Then the one tried to yank my purse off of me, but it didnt break and I hit him and yelled at him. So him and his friend just ran away. It was on this bridge and a ton of people were around. I looked for a cop, but didn´t see one. So another attempted crime goes unpunished...I was shaken up at first, but am settling down now that I´m in an internet cafe where I feel safe. Hopefully this is the first and last incident of this kind...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen--be careful.. trust your instincts. If something feels wrong or out of sorts, trust your gut. I just read one of your emails-- your mom forwarded to my mom--anyway..sounds like things are much different there. Take care of yourself..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well maybe those kids will tell their friends not to mess with the American girl...she's tough! You're in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete